What Kind of Provider Are You? – new careers podcast episode
post # 312 — February 19, 2007 — a General post
Stop and ask yourself: over the course of your career, what will you be recognized for? At any given point in your career, there is a need both to understand what kind of role you are specializing in, and, if you wish to progress, how the skills for the next role in your career differ from those that brought you to where you are.
This week’s podcast episode, What Kind of Provider Are You?, discusses a paradigm of four distinctive roles you may play on your path to greatness: the Pharmacist, the Nurse, the Brain Surgeon, and the Family Doctor; along with a guide for how to pick the best role for yourself, and how to nurture your resulting competitive advantage.
- 00:43 â€” 5 critical career distinction points
- 02:25 â€” The 4-role model: Pharmacist, Nurse, Brain Surgeon, Family Doctor
- 02:57 â€” The Pharmacist
- 06:12 â€” The Nurse
- 07:46 â€” The Brain Surgeon
- 08:53 â€” The Family Doctor
- 10:08 â€” Towards a deeper understanding of the differences between these important roles
- 13:23 â€” The importance of focusing on your competitive advantage
- 17:17 â€” How to determine which role is for you
You can download What Kind of Provider Are You? or sign up to receive new Business Masterclass seminars automatically with iTunes or other podcast players. (Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe.) My seminars are always available for download at no cost.